Turning Ashes into Diamonds "Little Blue Worlds"
Cremation Diamond Facts you Need to Know
A cremation diamond is grown purely from the carbon extracted from human ashes of which a minimum of 500g is needed to grow, this is because ashes contain approximately 20% carbon. If a company that turns cremation ashes into diamonds needs less than 500g of ashes, they are more than likely adding industrial carbon (impurities) to the process in order to create the size of diamond needed. Algordanza guarantees that your diamond is made of 100% of your loved ones ashes.
Our bodies contain the element boron, cremation diamonds are different shades of blue to almost colourless depending on the amount of boron in the cremated remains. The introduction of industrial carbon or other impurities can make a diamond yellow, amber or even black, exposing the diamond to radiation turns them green or red as well as breaks down the diamond latice making them weaker.
Algordanza does not influence the colour of their diamonds.
Memorial Diamonds from Hair
Sometimes there is not 500g of ashes available in order to grow a cremation diamond or the deceased wished out of personal or religious reasons, a traditional burial. Since hair contains approximately 51% carbon, a much smaller amount of hair can be made into a diamond or multiple diamonds.
If you choose a memorial diamond, then a minimum of 5g of hair is needed, or a combination of hair and ashes. Most clients contact their funeral directors and have them save hair from their deceased loved one before they are cremated or buried. Memorial diamonds can also be grown from the combination of both ashes and hair, the carbon being taken from both sources can create much larger diamonds.
Celebration or Promise Diamonds
We all want real diamonds for special occasions. Couples wanting to be married now take hair from themselves and turn it into diamonds for their partner’s wedding rings.
Mothers and fathers who wish to celebrate the birth of a child, take hair from that child and have it turned into a diamond to celebrate their birth.
Almost always, celebration / promise diamonds are incorporated into jewellery such as rings, pendants and neclaces or even bracelets and earrings.
Why Diamonds From Ashes or Hair?
Memories to cherish and hold on to – By creating cremation or memorial diamonds from the ashes or hair of a loved one, you capture the essence of that special person and instead of a traditional urn stored at home or at a cemetery you can remember that special person in a more unique and close way.
More affordable than traditional funerals – A cremation or memorial diamond will still cost less than a standard burial, which can cost up to £7,500 or more (Average traditional funeral in the SE of England).
Ethically better diamonds – Many natural diamonds are still obtained through severe human rights abuse as well as the exploitation of children, workers and whole communities. It can cause devastation and severe damage to the land as well as the local water supply. Choosing a celebration diamond reduces these very negative effects.
The Process of turning Ashes into Diamonds
Are you interested in how Algordanza turns ashes and hair into diamonds as well as learn what a real cremation diamond consists of?
- First we need 500g of ashes or 5g of hair or a combination.
- Then we Isolate the carbon using the highest quality processing available
- Purification of carbon up to 99.99% purity
- The carbon is placed in a unique growing cell
- The growing cell is placed in our German engineered HPHT presses
- The diamond is removed after a time dependant on the carat size desired
- The rough diamond is either cut or left uncut if desired, and simply polished
- The diamond is thouroughly inspected by a highly qualified gemologist
- A certificate of authenticity is made and the diamond’s girdle is laser inscribed
- Your diamond is complete and in a short time will be delivered to you
How to Order Your Ash Diamond
3 simple steps to order your diamond from ashes or hair
- First, contact Kevin Foy in the UK for current ashes to diamonds pricing and information
- After you have decided what kind of diamond you need, sign our contract and pay 50%
- As soon as the contract is signed, we will secure the ashes from you or your funeral home
That’s all there is needed, a diamond burial is just as easy to arrange as any other burial, we help you through the process. Once the order is place, we will give you an approximate time of completion and update you on each phase of the process.